Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Accessing Things on Broken Phone

I have an Iphone 5s that has a screen that is only working on the left side. The entire front portion of the phone is lifting and the display itself is broken with vertical lines running up and down.

My pass code cannot be entered as I need both sides of the screen's numbers. And I want to download my pictures but cant do so without locking the phone.

I do not have a recent back up of the phone to reset it, siri is not working, and touch id was disables as the phone died at one point.

Any help or ideas is welcome as all I want is a way to bypass the lock screen or remove my pictures without wiping all of my data.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 12:00 PM

You can only use the screen to enter a passcode.

If you get the screen replaced, that could work. But, there's always a chance something could go wrong during a repair and the data would be lost.

~Lyssa

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 4, 2019 12:00 PM in response to ValorAndReign

Make an appointment at the genius bar of your local Apple Store. It sounds like the battery is swollen and the display has been pushed out of place and broken.

They may be able to replace the battery and display without data loss. They won't guarantee it, of course, but that's your best shot and being able to get it working to the point that you can back up the data.

Help Accessing Things on Broken Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.