Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pressed forget device and now AirPods won’t connect

my airpods case is flashing green. when i take the right airpod out it stops flashing, and the right one wasn’t working so i pressed forget device in settings and now they won’t connect to my phone. when i hold down the back button it just stays white and doesn’t flash. i’ve tried everything, what should i do?

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 8:48 AM

1Confirm the AirPods are not listed in Settings > Bluetooth. If they are, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth > [AirPods Name] > tap the  > Forget This Device. 2Connect a lightning cable to the charging case and connect it to a power source. 3Place both AirPods in the case. 4Close the lid and wait 10 minutes. The AirPods and charging case will charge and transfer necessary firmware information to all three components during this time, so it is important to wait the full 10 minutes with the lid closed. This will assure that both AirPods have the current firmware. 5After 10 minutes, open the charging case lid. 6Press and hold the setup button on the back of the AirPods charging case until the status light flashes white. This may take over a minute. Keep the button held down until the light flashes white.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2019 8:48 AM in response to ella_burch

1Confirm the AirPods are not listed in Settings > Bluetooth. If they are, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth > [AirPods Name] > tap the  > Forget This Device. 2Connect a lightning cable to the charging case and connect it to a power source. 3Place both AirPods in the case. 4Close the lid and wait 10 minutes. The AirPods and charging case will charge and transfer necessary firmware information to all three components during this time, so it is important to wait the full 10 minutes with the lid closed. This will assure that both AirPods have the current firmware. 5After 10 minutes, open the charging case lid. 6Press and hold the setup button on the back of the AirPods charging case until the status light flashes white. This may take over a minute. Keep the button held down until the light flashes white.

I pressed forget device and now AirPods won’t connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.