Skip navigation

SAFARI DONT SUPPORT FLASH ON IPAD

3727 Views 23 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2010 9:38 AM by varjak paw RSS
1 2 Previous Next
maclover01 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 13, 2010 2:36 PM
I Got new Ipad 2days ago but am so dissapointed,i thought i find final solution for me not taking notebook always everywhere with me.but was in a meeting today and need to register in a website which require a turing number to register,but safari could not show me this,try to download adobe but no way. check this out on ipad: https://www.libertyreserve.com
I have been an apple fan all my life and always save money just to buy there product just to show my loyalty and i have help apple make many advert and force almost all my friends like apple.
but apple need to make we customers happy by listenining to us.anybody have an idea how to get this flash or something else just to make everything works on ipad?

Message was edited by: maclover01
Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • varjak paw Level 10 Level 10 (166,905 points)
    Jul 13, 2010 2:42 PM (in response to maclover01)
    This has been covered literally dozens, if not hundreds, of times here already. Search this forum for "Flash" and you'll find the subject hammered to death. Contact Liberty Reserve and ask for a workaround (it's rather ridiculous of them to use Flash for such a simple task), or register via computer with Flash.

Folks, let's please not start yet another long-winded discussion on this topic. Everything that can be said has been said, many times already, so let's let this drop. Thanks.
    iMac Core i7 8GB ATI Radeon 4850, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Also: iMac 2.8 Core 2 Duo 24", IPad 16GB WiFi, Dell w/ Windows 7, Win XP via VM
  • lllaass Level 10 Level 10 (134,880 points)
    Jul 13, 2010 2:42 PM (in response to maclover01)
    I am surprised you did not know the iPad did not support Flash. The iPhone never supported Flash. There have been many post on this subject. If you want to find some reasons why Flash is not supported search the forum for Flash. You question/concern gets asked about once a day.
  • Level 6 Level 6 (11,035 points)
    Jul 13, 2010 2:57 PM (in response to maclover01)
    What? The iPad doesn't support flash? I am shocked, utterly shocked. Thanks for the heads up. I sure hope the iPad has a camera. I will be shocked, utterly shocked if it doesn't.
    Aluminum MacBook 2.0, Mac OS X (10.6.2)
    Jul 13, 2010 3:03 PM (in response to Merged Content 1)
    It won't run Windows or Mac OS X apps either. Are you shocked, utterly shocked?
    iMac Core i7 8GB ATI Radeon 4850, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Also: iMac 2.8 Core 2 Duo 24", IPad 16GB WiFi, Dell w/ Windows 7, Win XP via VM
  • TwistedPenguin Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Jul 13, 2010 3:04 PM (in response to maclover01)
    I'm shocked you didn't once google 'ipad' before spending that kind of money on it. Do people really spend $500-$800 on something without ONE single time looking it up on the web?? Because if you'd looked it up even a single time you'd know it doesn't support flash. I'm sorry but you must live in a cave with a credit card.
    No disrespect meant, I'm just very surprised.
    iPad & PC
  • Craig Baron Level 3 Level 3 (680 points)
    Jul 13, 2010 3:04 PM (in response to varjak paw)
    ...and, you won't believe this, it doesn't even play 8-track tapes.
    MacBook Pro, PB G4, Minis, iPad, iphones 3GS, 3G, ipod Touch, Apple TV, etc., Mac OS X (10.6)
  • TwistedPenguin Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Jul 13, 2010 3:39 PM (in response to Craig Baron)
    Nah, but there'll end up being an app for that......
    There's an app for erectile dysfunction (I kid you not lol!) so surely we'll be able to play 8-tracks and even vinyl soon.
    iPad and PC
  • Craig Baron Level 3 Level 3 (680 points)
    Jul 13, 2010 3:42 PM (in response to TwistedPenguin)
    Too much info...

IMO, 8-tracks are more useful than flash anyway.
    MacBook Pro, PB G4, Minis, iPad, iphones 3GS, 3G, ipod Touch, Apple TV, etc., Mac OS X (10.6)
  • rkkeller Level 1 Level 1 (125 points)
    Jul 15, 2010 7:20 AM (in response to maclover01)
    Just Google ipad + flash and it takes about 5 minutes to get it working.
    Dell E1705, Windows Vista
  • igmackenzie Level 4 Level 4 (2,275 points)
    Jul 15, 2010 8:35 AM (in response to varjak paw)
    Dave Sawyer wrote:
    This has been covered literally dozens, if not hundreds, of times here already. Search this forum for "Flash" and you'll find the subject hammered to death.
    Folks, let's please not start yet another long-winded discussion on this topic. Everything that can be said has been said, many times already, so let's let this drop. Thanks.

Well Dave, looks like there are different rules for you. I posted almost the same thing as you in a previous thread, and was told in no uncertain terms that my comment was not useful, and my post was deleted!
     iPhone 3GS 32Gb iOS 4,  iPad 32Gb 3G
  • a Mac user Level 3 Level 3 (715 points)
    Jul 15, 2010 8:38 AM (in response to maclover01)
    Someone needs to purchase "doesflashworkontheipad.com" and just put a big "NO." as the page. Google will throw that to the top of the list and we should stop having complains.
    MBP 2.53Ghz Late 2008, iPad 3G, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Mac Developer
    Jul 15, 2010 8:43 AM (in response to a Mac user)
    Ha ha! Best suggestion I've seen all day. Why don't we all chip-in and buy the domain now?!?
    Jul 15, 2010 8:51 AM (in response to igmackenzie)
    May be something in how you phrased it. Not having seen your post, I can't say. I've had posts deleted myself, so don't let it get to you. The Hosts have thousands of posts to scan and have to make snap decisions and may not always get things perfectly consistent.
    Jul 15, 2010 8:54 AM (in response to varjak paw)
    Fair point. Thanks Dave.
1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.