Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen goes fuzzy/static then logs out

Hi,

not too sure how to explain this but on the odd occasion my MAC freezes, screen goes fuzzy/static then logs me out.

typcially happens when using a browser or some applications.

Its infrequent but when I happens it does four or five times in a row.

see picture

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Hello DanielCatley,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking for help with your Mac logging out while using it.

It sounds like the computer is quitting unexpectedly, and then reloading to your login screen. Please check the troubleshooting provided in this help article: If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a message that it restarted or shut down because of a problem - Apple Support

Even if you are not receiving any alert or error messages, there are many great troubleshooting steps within this article that apply to your situation, and it even has options to help you isolate this issue from a software or a hardware problem. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2019 7:00 PM in response to DanielCatley

Hello DanielCatley,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking for help with your Mac logging out while using it.

It sounds like the computer is quitting unexpectedly, and then reloading to your login screen. Please check the troubleshooting provided in this help article: If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a message that it restarted or shut down because of a problem - Apple Support

Even if you are not receiving any alert or error messages, there are many great troubleshooting steps within this article that apply to your situation, and it even has options to help you isolate this issue from a software or a hardware problem. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

screen goes fuzzy/static then logs out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.