Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes blurred cover art

Why is the cover art randomly blurred when I have good cover art?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 8:23 AM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2019 6:30 AM in response to mrdelight

Hey, mrdelight.

I see that the artwork of particular songs in your iTunes library are blurred out on your iPhone. I'm glad to help.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, see if the album artwork looks like it should.

Sync iPhone using iTunes on your computer -- Try syncing your iPhone with your iTunes library again.

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12 or later device or Apple Watch -- If restarting your device and re-syncing the music didn't resolve the issue, delete then restore the Music application, and see if the issue's resolved.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Jul 6, 2019 8:32 AM in response to Joseph_S.

I found it was the blurred artwork was a low resolution file. Even though it may still look fine, the Music app seems to purposefully blur it if it's not high quality. I used Preview to increase the size to at least 600x600 pixels with a resolution 300 pixels/inch. Deleted the artwork from the song in iTunes, and added the new version, synced, works fine.

iTunes blurred cover art

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.