Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts

How can I recover my contacts for my new iphone

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 6:54 PM

There are several things you need to do. Were you using iCloud on your old phone? You need to add all of your email accounts to your device and one of them has your contacts. if you had your default account on your other device set to iCloud (settings>contacts>default account - iCloud.) If you did not have that set to iCloud you need to set it to the email you used. Now go to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>iCloud>contacts- turn this on. if it asks to merge, merge them. Now go back to settings>contacts>default account and change to iCloud. If you run into any issues just respond.

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support

Keep your contacts up to date on all of your devices with iCloud - Apple Support

If you are switching from Android you can use this link

Import contacts from your SIM card to your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2019 6:54 PM in response to Jerry2580

There are several things you need to do. Were you using iCloud on your old phone? You need to add all of your email accounts to your device and one of them has your contacts. if you had your default account on your other device set to iCloud (settings>contacts>default account - iCloud.) If you did not have that set to iCloud you need to set it to the email you used. Now go to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>iCloud>contacts- turn this on. if it asks to merge, merge them. Now go back to settings>contacts>default account and change to iCloud. If you run into any issues just respond.

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support

Keep your contacts up to date on all of your devices with iCloud - Apple Support

If you are switching from Android you can use this link

Import contacts from your SIM card to your iPhone - Apple Support

Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.