Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can purchased ibooks be sold on line?

Is there a place to sell purchased ibooks? I have so many books and I have read them all but I would like to resell them.

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 8:09 AM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2019 3:42 AM in response to adorereading

Dear adorereading,

Thank you for using the Apple Community forum.

Unfortunately , I am sorry to say that books purchased in the iBooks store are not transferable between Apple IDs and as such cannot be sold. Thus, the only way would be to sell your whole Apple ID, but please understand that this is forbidden by the terms & conditions.

If you have books bought recently that you did not read yet, you may be eligible for refund in a rare case.

I hope to have answered your question with statisfaction. If not, please let me know below.

Jul 8, 2019 2:58 PM in response to ckuan

It's part of the problem with buying e-books, you can only share them with a family member. Unlike a paper book, you can't sell them or donate them for others to read. Yet they cost about the same as buying a hardback from Costco. :-( unless you purchase from a self publisher, usually $3.00 to $6.00.

can purchased ibooks be sold on line?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.