Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Share across different countries WITHOUT apps, music or Video share.

I have family scattered across different countries. I would like to use iCloud Family Share to share the iCloud backup space and share photos, and maybe calendar, but not any Apps, Music or Videos. Is there a way to do this without having all the family members logged in the same country's iTunes Store?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 5:13 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2019 6:07 AM in response to jussifromberlin

Hey, jussifromberlin.

I see that you're wanting to start Family Sharing group with your scattered family. You're not planning to share everything, however, and I'm glad to help.

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing -- Since iCloud storage is a purchase, you won't be able to share it. Here's the footnote at the bottom of this article.

*Not all content and content types are available in all countries or regions. To share purchased content, all family members must use the same Apple ID country or region. Music, movies, TV shows, and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers. Apps can be downloaded to any devices the family member owns or controls."

There are also other ways to share the information you'd like:

Let me know of other things you'd like to share if it's not in the list above.

Take care.

Family Share across different countries WITHOUT apps, music or Video share.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.