Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do i not have a gift icon in the App store??

I work for a non-profit that help children with communication and mobility disabilities.. Clients can through us purchase communication aid devices, iPads are one of these... I'm trying to gift a copy of software to a client's iPad, but I cannot as there is No Gift Icon in my app store (under those three little dots (...) In the line were gifting would usually be I just have copy, to send a link to the app, and the three dots that let me re-organize my one option, that's it!

Help!

Thanks

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 7:07 AM

Hey, ChrisBarnesfivecounties.

I see that you'd like to send an application as a gift to a client of yours. The problem is, the option isn't present, and I'm glad to help.

Send App Store & iTunes Gifts via email -- I found this under "Learn more":

"If you're using Family Sharing and Ask To Buy is turned on for your account, you can't purchase gifts."

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- If you're not part of a Family Sharing and Ask to Buy isn't on, restart your iPad. Once it's returned to the Home screen, see if you're able to gift an app.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2019 7:07 AM in response to ChrisBarnesfivecounties

Hey, ChrisBarnesfivecounties.

I see that you'd like to send an application as a gift to a client of yours. The problem is, the option isn't present, and I'm glad to help.

Send App Store & iTunes Gifts via email -- I found this under "Learn more":

"If you're using Family Sharing and Ask To Buy is turned on for your account, you can't purchase gifts."

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- If you're not part of a Family Sharing and Ask to Buy isn't on, restart your iPad. Once it's returned to the Home screen, see if you're able to gift an app.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Jul 7, 2019 12:37 PM in response to Lyssa

Lyssa, went to Apple and talked to rep. They had me try several things and finally concluded I needed to update my iPad and re-update my iPhone. I guess it must be a glitch in the last update or something. Several of the reps consulted together, looked up different options; I feel they gave me all the options they had.

Told me to get back to them if the re-updates don’t work either.

Why do i not have a gift icon in the App store??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.