Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email scam

I just received a email that says it was from apple and that they are freezing my account unless I update it. It says to click on link and update. I know this email is a scam and just wanted to let people know it’s out there. It looked legit, but I know apple does not work this way. Beware!

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 12:26 PM

You may also want to report it to Apple. See the following from Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

To report a suspicious email, forward the message to Apple with complete header information. To forward the email: In macOS Mail, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu at the top of your computer screen.

These email addresses are monitored by Apple, but you might not receive a reply to your report.

• If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, please send it to reportphishing@apple.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2019 12:26 PM in response to joannkc

You may also want to report it to Apple. See the following from Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

To report a suspicious email, forward the message to Apple with complete header information. To forward the email: In macOS Mail, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu at the top of your computer screen.

These email addresses are monitored by Apple, but you might not receive a reply to your report.

• If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, please send it to reportphishing@apple.com

Email scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.