Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t pair iwatch series 2 with new iPhone XR

Hello, I just got a new iPhone XR and I cannot pair the watch with my new phone. I might add that my old phone was wiped out and erased at the store when I purchased the new phone. Any help is greatly appreciated !!!

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 4:12 PM

Your App,e Watch can only be paired to a single iPhone at any time. If the watch is still showing the time (or anything else except a pairing screen) you need to erase the watch before it can pair to the new iPhone. Use the second method in If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support to erase the watch to factory condition and it should pair without problems. Note the requirement for charger power while erasing otherwise the Erase option doesn’t appear, but many users seem to overlook this critical point.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2019 4:12 PM in response to Lijemc

Your App,e Watch can only be paired to a single iPhone at any time. If the watch is still showing the time (or anything else except a pairing screen) you need to erase the watch before it can pair to the new iPhone. Use the second method in If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support to erase the watch to factory condition and it should pair without problems. Note the requirement for charger power while erasing otherwise the Erase option doesn’t appear, but many users seem to overlook this critical point.

Can’t pair iwatch series 2 with new iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.