Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to set printer settings on mac air (high sierra)?

i have my printer settings on my mac pro that is next to my printers but for some dumb reason i can't remember where these settings are to set them for printing from the laptop. seems like i have been everywhere they should be and i can't find them.

can anyone remind me in particular where to find two sided and black and white settings?

ALSO. is the default behavior to print the DEFAULT settings and you manually change each and every page when you need to - say print in color when the default is black and white? or is there some way to print with LAST SETTINGS USED so that you only have to change settings when you are changing from the last used setting?

i have never understood this and am starting to feel like an idiot about this.

THANKS

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 5:41 PM

5 replies

Jul 3, 2019 6:23 PM in response to BDAqua

sorry. where do i find these though?

i mean THIS is what i see when i go to PRINT.

oh. i see. i have to change the print PRESETS after going to PRINT in an APP?! and then each of these INDIVIDUAL PRESETS are the individual presets for THAT PARTICULAR APPLICATION?

then i go in and change the preset to the one i want for that app?

and i think i can also go in and set it to LAST USED SETTING?

THANKS

Jul 3, 2019 6:53 PM in response to hotwheels22

you have an option to save that particular preset for ALL PRINTERS?

Yes.

and does it save that preset for ALL APPLICATIONS?

Yes, but some apps use a weird Print Dialog.

does it save that preset for ALL COMPUTERS?

No, I don't think so, that would need doing on the Printer itself.

is there a way to set it to use LAST USED SETTING?

Not that I'm aware of, but vaguely recall it was possible in the past... in fact the return to defaults after Printing implies the current setting should stick. ???

how to set printer settings on mac air (high sierra)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.