Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac dosen´t start after the last update

after the last update, my Imac can no longer operate - takes almost an hour to start and then everything is extremely slow - have already done some test alt + cmd + p + r, pressed schift button and Dignoseprogramm. there was no error but the mac turns itself off afterwards. what can I do? I need help

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 10:41 PM

When doing major updates this stresses hardware, if you have a hard drive that is old and frail, a major update can push it over the edge. The first thing you need though is a backup of all the old computer whether it is a Time Machine backup or a bootable clone, it does not matter. After you have your backup and tested it to work, then reset the NVRAM on the computer using the instructions in PRAM and NVRAM Reset.

After you have done that re-test the computer and see how it performing and post back.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2019 10:41 PM in response to kerstin209

When doing major updates this stresses hardware, if you have a hard drive that is old and frail, a major update can push it over the edge. The first thing you need though is a backup of all the old computer whether it is a Time Machine backup or a bootable clone, it does not matter. After you have your backup and tested it to work, then reset the NVRAM on the computer using the instructions in PRAM and NVRAM Reset.

After you have done that re-test the computer and see how it performing and post back.

iMac dosen´t start after the last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.