Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEW iPhone XR battery drains faster

Anyone else seeing the XR battery draining faster than previous iPhones? I'm having to charge mine throughout the day, moer than my previous 8Plus!

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 1:33 PM

No, quite the opposite. My Xr drains its battery measurably slower than any iPhone I have owned in the past. Every other phone I have owned can get through a day on a charge most of the time, but is below 30% by the end of the day. My Xr typically ends the day around 70%. At this very moment, 8 hours after removing it from the charger it is at 86%.

You should go to Settings/Battery and see which app or apps are the energy hogs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2019 1:33 PM in response to Cheryle1

No, quite the opposite. My Xr drains its battery measurably slower than any iPhone I have owned in the past. Every other phone I have owned can get through a day on a charge most of the time, but is below 30% by the end of the day. My Xr typically ends the day around 70%. At this very moment, 8 hours after removing it from the charger it is at 86%.

You should go to Settings/Battery and see which app or apps are the energy hogs.

NEW iPhone XR battery drains faster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.