Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what application can i use

I'm trying to open a work application and I'm getting a message that reads "There is no application set to open the document" "VVNDQOFfRmFybTcxNS5LZWNrQ2FyZSBQb3dlckNoYXJO.ica"

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 1:08 PM

That error appears because the document you are trying to open cannot be opened because there is no application on your computer that can. If the document came from work, then you need to know what application was used to create the document. The name you provided shows the document has the extension, ".ica" indicating it is an app for an iDevice. These cannot be executed nor opened on a Mac computer. It only is for an iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2019 1:08 PM in response to Uscmer9559

That error appears because the document you are trying to open cannot be opened because there is no application on your computer that can. If the document came from work, then you need to know what application was used to create the document. The name you provided shows the document has the extension, ".ica" indicating it is an app for an iDevice. These cannot be executed nor opened on a Mac computer. It only is for an iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

what application can i use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.