Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health

My iPhone X battery maximum capacity is 84% in 20 months. Is still okay? What seems the problem?

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 2:22 PM

9 replies

Jul 4, 2019 2:34 PM in response to beerusinstinct

Hi beerusinstinct,

Thanks for reaching out. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. In your case, your iPhone is not even 2 years old, and that is normal for a battery to decrease. Just to check things, I would recommend reaching out to Apple Support to run some diagnostics and chat about any possible replacements.

Check out this link to learn more about iPhone Battery and Performance

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a great day,

Michael Hels

Jul 4, 2019 2:57 PM in response to beerusinstinct

Yes. As long as it's over 80% it's considered to be in the normal range. Note that battery life is somewhat sensitive to just age, but the much more important measure is number of full charge cycles where a full charge cycle is 0 to 100% or any combination that adds up to 100%. So the battery life is much more determined by how heavily you discharge the battery in normal use.

Battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.