Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Credit card declined

I have loaded a gift card onto my account but I’m unable to use it because I had no specified billing information in my account information so I tried adding both visa and master card information to account but both of them got declined. Upon searching for answers I came across one that said this was due to the fact that the card has to be issued by a bank in the country I’m in (Therefore the one on my iTunes account). So I tried changing my region to the one I’m in but I was unable to do this because there is money in my account from the gift card. So now I can not make in-app purchases, add billing information or change my region.

My iTunes account region is registered in the United States but I am in a different country. What do I do to solve this problem?

iPad mini 4, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 4:37 PM

Hey ThatUsername_IsTaken,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand to be able to use your gift card you'll need to update your Apple ID region. You are correct, in that prior to changing regions you would need to have a zero balance. No worries though, I definitely want to make sure you're able to use the gift card, and I'm happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

Based on the information you shared, it does sound like you'll need to update your Apple ID region. The link below will go over everything to do before you make that change.

Change your Apple ID country or region

As you mentioned, you do need to have a zero balance on your account. Our iTunes Store Support would be happy to look into this with you and assist further. Please connect with them here: iTunes Support

I hope this helps make sure you're able to spend that gift card soon! Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2019 4:37 PM in response to ThatUsername_IsTaken

Hey ThatUsername_IsTaken,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand to be able to use your gift card you'll need to update your Apple ID region. You are correct, in that prior to changing regions you would need to have a zero balance. No worries though, I definitely want to make sure you're able to use the gift card, and I'm happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

Based on the information you shared, it does sound like you'll need to update your Apple ID region. The link below will go over everything to do before you make that change.

Change your Apple ID country or region

As you mentioned, you do need to have a zero balance on your account. Our iTunes Store Support would be happy to look into this with you and assist further. Please connect with them here: iTunes Support

I hope this helps make sure you're able to spend that gift card soon! Thanks!

Credit card declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.