Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does a web-radio station intermittently drop out on my iMac but not my iPhone or iPad?

I listen to All Classical Portland with its app on my iMac and on some days the station intermittently drops out, sometimes for a long period of time or sometimes for a minute or two. My iPhone and Ipad do not have this problem and streaming videos on my iMac is not an issue.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 9:04 AM

Well, I can only guess. Since your spouse is on the same network one possibility is you have a device causing wifi interference closer to your iMac than hers such as a USB 3 drive, Smartphone etc. So far, it hasn't dropped out for me but it hasn't been on very long.

6 replies

Jul 5, 2019 8:57 AM in response to dialabrain

It's intermittent. What I end up doing is opening the web site, turning off the station and then turning it back on. The web page stays open the whole time. There will be days when thee are no interruptions; other days when it happens within a minute of each other. As for my iPhone and iPad (which is WiFi-only), there are no interruptions; I use the AllClassical app on both of those units.

The WiFi in our home stays pretty constant and my spouse's iMac does not drop out.

Why does a web-radio station intermittently drop out on my iMac but not my iPhone or iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.