Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off visual voicemail text

My iPhone has just started including visual voicemail texting whenever I get a voice message. I have not made any changes and want to know how to turn this off.

iPhone 8, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 1:44 PM

T-Mobile cannot turn off for iPhone. I do not want VVM, it is redundant to receive a text for every voicemail, send me a text or voice message, but not both. Also the VVM can not alway transcribe so the text is jumbled. Also, it is another text message that has to be cleared from my iPhone.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2019 1:44 PM in response to SravanKrA

T-Mobile cannot turn off for iPhone. I do not want VVM, it is redundant to receive a text for every voicemail, send me a text or voice message, but not both. Also the VVM can not alway transcribe so the text is jumbled. Also, it is another text message that has to be cleared from my iPhone.

Jul 5, 2019 2:30 PM in response to Derbytea

Update: SUCCESS - the solution Demo gave works with some minor adjustments. Changing Siri's language works, but I already had it as English Australian. The update T-Mobile did on our account permitted the VVM to work. I changed Siri to English US, but did not help, still had text & voicemail. Further research said the transcription is based on English US or English Canadian. Put Siri back to English and VOILA, no more visual voicemail, just a good old fashioned voicemail!

Jul 5, 2019 2:37 PM in response to Lyssa

It's a text version or transcript of your voicemail, in addition to the voicemal. I either want a text or voicemail, not both. I guess it comes in handy for business purposes or in situations where you can't hear your voicemail; otherwise it is very annoying. Have had this happen previously with Verizon and forgot the fix. T-Mobile has an app to turn off for Android, but no iPhone solutions. Apple will refer you back to your carrier, I don't know why they can't tell people how to fix. I have posted the solution, Siri's language can't be English US or Canadian. If it is something else, change it a couple times. I also shut off the phone in between update to Siri.

Turn off visual voicemail text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.