Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS update on child’s iPad now won’t allow YouTube or several other apps without totally disabling restrictions?

For protection, restrictions are necessary. How can I get kiddo back access to some fav apps and games (TikTok, Roblox, YouTube). The update doesn’t even allow the app to show on her screen, and when I try to download them again and open them, it says I have to turn restrictions off....not a safe option 😖

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 1:30 PM

So I looked more closely at the apps in question in their info bits in the App Store and changed the age restriction setting on the iPad to 17+. (Roblox and tiktok show up with 12+ selected, but not YouTube. And YouTube kids is for kids 0-5yrs....so for an older kid, not useful). All apps in question appear. Went into YouTube settings and restricted adult content directly in the app. Fingers crossed 🤞

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2019 1:30 PM in response to Sireneh

So I looked more closely at the apps in question in their info bits in the App Store and changed the age restriction setting on the iPad to 17+. (Roblox and tiktok show up with 12+ selected, but not YouTube. And YouTube kids is for kids 0-5yrs....so for an older kid, not useful). All apps in question appear. Went into YouTube settings and restricted adult content directly in the app. Fingers crossed 🤞

iOS update on child’s iPad now won’t allow YouTube or several other apps without totally disabling restrictions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.