Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro Finds Printer but says Printer is Offline...MacBook Pro & IPhone XS both Print to the same Printer

How do I fix this? This is a recent occurrence with my IPad Pro.

All devices are on the same WiFi network. I’ve restarted WiFi several times, restarted the Printer several times & restarted my IPad Pro several times. IPad Pro has the most up to date IOS software too.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 6:45 AM

I realize that your other devices connect, but you could look for a firmware update for the printer on the manufacturer website, or try reinstalling the software.

Another sort of nuclear option is to reset network settings. It’s not the end of the world as long as you know all of your WiFi network passwords, because you will have to enter them all over again if you reset network settings.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 6:45 AM in response to raybreedlove

I realize that your other devices connect, but you could look for a firmware update for the printer on the manufacturer website, or try reinstalling the software.

Another sort of nuclear option is to reset network settings. It’s not the end of the world as long as you know all of your WiFi network passwords, because you will have to enter them all over again if you reset network settings.

Jul 8, 2019 6:44 AM in response to raybreedlove

OK....instead of restarting the iPad, reboot the iPad.

If you have one with a home button: Press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to shut down) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go.

If you have a new generation Pro with FaceID: Tap volume up and release. Tap volume down and release. Then hold the power button (keep holding past the swipe to shut down) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go.

IPad Pro Finds Printer but says Printer is Offline...MacBook Pro & IPhone XS both Print to the same Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.