Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi weak signal issue

i am facing wifi weak singnal issue. any one has facing the same??

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 6:18 AM

Hello there.

Have you contacted your internet provider to make sure there's nothing wrong with your home network?

If so, try these steps:

1. Perform a ForceRestart: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Reset Network Settings under Settings > General > Reset. Rejoin the Network again after an iPhone boots up.
  3. Reboot router that you are using. Make sure that router's firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).
  4. Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 6:18 AM in response to FAISALSHAMS

Hello there.

Have you contacted your internet provider to make sure there's nothing wrong with your home network?

If so, try these steps:

1. Perform a ForceRestart: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Reset Network Settings under Settings > General > Reset. Rejoin the Network again after an iPhone boots up.
  3. Reboot router that you are using. Make sure that router's firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).
  4. Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

Aug 1, 2019 6:44 PM in response to FAISALSHAMS

My 6th gen iPad gets a weaker signal then my laptop but it’s the nature of the beast. Some devices have better antennas or stronger WiFi chips that can pull in a signal better. All devices are not equals when it comes to WiFi performance. If your using 5ghz band try 2.4 ghz the lower frequencies tend to travel further and go through objects better. 5 ghz Achilles heal is range and inability to penetrate objects well without signal loss. Many say this band is better for high speed line of sight connections. 2.4 is better for coverage but has fewer channels and is more prone to neighborhood interference from others. I find that 2.4 band works better then 5 ghz because I use my iPad all over the house.

wifi weak signal issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.