Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and file management

I am using iCloud for all my files including photos.

How do I delete files from my iPhone and Computer (MacBook Air) but don't delete it from my iCloud?

Every time I try to delete my photos or files from my iPhone or my Air, to free up space, the only option I get is that it will delete from all devices and including iCloud.

Any assistance is very welcomed.

W.

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 7:22 AM

iCloud is a syncing service, not a cloud-only storage service.

You can potentially reduce the space that photos take on your device(s) by turning on the Optimize Storage option for photos on the device. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You can potentially reduce the space that file take on your device(s) by turning on the Optimize Storage option for files on the device. See: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 7:22 AM in response to Manfrinato

iCloud is a syncing service, not a cloud-only storage service.

You can potentially reduce the space that photos take on your device(s) by turning on the Optimize Storage option for photos on the device. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You can potentially reduce the space that file take on your device(s) by turning on the Optimize Storage option for files on the device. See: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

iCloud and file management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.