Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove a google account from safari browser if no "Remove" button appears

I had allowed my daughter to sign in with her school account to my computer. Now she is graduated and I cannot figure out how to get rid of her account. For some reason, google defaults to her account instead of one of mine, and the presence of her account blocks me from replying to comments on my own blog (I figured this out by using a new browser that had never seen her account). We cannot find any remove button when following commonly posted directions. Since all my emails default to Safari, this is creating problems not being able to remove a now inactivated school account. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 1:24 PM

I figured it out. The problem was that my daughter's account was part of a GSuite account with her school. There was some bug so that even thought she was signed out of that account, Google would not let me sign into my regular account for selected actions. I could sign in to my account to run blogger, check emails, manage my Google drive just fine. However, when I wanted to comment on a blog or reply to a comment on my own blog, it would redirect the log in attempt as though I was trying to sign into GSuite. I would then get an error: "admin.google.com is for G Suite accounts only" although I was not trying to sign into admin.google.com at all. It turns out you have to be logged out of ALL google accounts by clicking the master signout at the bottom of the expanded menu that shows everyone that has ever logged into Google using Safari. Only when everyone is logged out, does the option to "Remove an account" appear.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 1:24 PM in response to ChartC

I figured it out. The problem was that my daughter's account was part of a GSuite account with her school. There was some bug so that even thought she was signed out of that account, Google would not let me sign into my regular account for selected actions. I could sign in to my account to run blogger, check emails, manage my Google drive just fine. However, when I wanted to comment on a blog or reply to a comment on my own blog, it would redirect the log in attempt as though I was trying to sign into GSuite. I would then get an error: "admin.google.com is for G Suite accounts only" although I was not trying to sign into admin.google.com at all. It turns out you have to be logged out of ALL google accounts by clicking the master signout at the bottom of the expanded menu that shows everyone that has ever logged into Google using Safari. Only when everyone is logged out, does the option to "Remove an account" appear.

Jul 8, 2019 8:54 AM in response to ChartC

Use the below as a guide of where to make sure your daughter is signed out and you are signed in.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

Have you checked Safari/Preferences/Passwords to see if Google is listed there and whose account/password is listed? If it is her account, select the entry and click the remove button.

How to remove a google account from safari browser if no "Remove" button appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.