Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems syncing contacts between new iMac, iPhone, iPad using iTunes and USB cable

I have just acquired new iMac and have always been using iTunes to sync contacts and calendar from my iPhone8 and iPadPro via usb cable with previous MacBookPro. I have synced my iPhone contacts to my new iMac with no problems but if I then add an additional contact on my iPhone and resync using iTunes it will not show on my iMac contact list BUT if I then connect my iPad to my iMac and sync using iTunes the new contact although not shown on my iMac is actually shown on my iPad. If I do any alteration on my iMac contacts they are also not synced via iTunes to either iPhone or iPad. All iMac, iPhone and iPad have the latest software upgrades.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 11:28 PM

Resolved by changing "Daughter" to "child" in my personal vCard.

1 reply

Problems syncing contacts between new iMac, iPhone, iPad using iTunes and USB cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.