Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't upgrade my macbook to Mojave

When I click Open in the app store, nothing happens, how do you install this?

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 3:25 PM

11 replies

Jul 8, 2019 3:56 PM in response to alco933

alco933 Said:

...how do you install this?

Have you Checked your Mac’s Compatibility with MacOS X 10.14 Mojave?

Go to the following link and verify if your Mac is compatible: Compatible Mac Models - Mojave - Apple Support.

If it’s not compatible, it’s just not compatible. With that being said, perhaps it’s time to consider an upgrade to a device that is compatible.

Here is a Direct Screenshot of the Link:

Jul 10, 2019 10:38 AM in response to Eau Rouge

You are logged in as the administrator correct? If not, log in as the administrator and run it.

Try the following...

1. Safety remove the flash drive (Drag-and-Drop the flask drive icon into the trash) drive (icon on the desktop)
  2. Shut Down the Mac
  3. Wait 15 Seconds

Then, as the Administrator (or a newly-created a Administrator) run the installer...

1. Plug in the flash drive
  2. Wait 15 Seconds
  3. Boot up the Mac
  4. Log in as the Administrator Or... A newly-crated administrator
  5. Finally, Run the Installer

Does it Install?

If not, then it’s most likely a corrupt file. So call contact Apple Support request help. Ask about setting up a genius back appointment.

Jul 9, 2019 4:58 AM in response to TheLittles

I have this with 49gb free. Whats the problem?

Early 2015

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 16 GB

I click the "Open" button from the app store and nothing happens. When I click on the "Install macOC Mojave" it says :

The application "Install macOS Mojave.app" can't be opened.

I never seen anything like this.

Jul 9, 2019 5:29 AM in response to alco933

Have you downloaded Mojave, if you haven't the App Store Mojave page should say Get, if you have downloaded it it will say Open.

If it says open then you may have already downloaded it, open your Applications folder and look fo Install Mojave.app. if you see this and it is 6.04GBs then double-click on it to start the installation.

Can you provide screenshots of your About This Mac panel and what you see in the App Store.

I can't upgrade my macbook to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.