Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did the microphone of my phone just stop working?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 7:46 PM

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working

If the sound is unclear during phone calls or FaceTime calls, or if Siri is unable to detect your voice, learn what to do.

With your iOS device, you might experience one of these issues when you make a call, use FaceTime or Siri, or play recorded audio:

• People can't hear you during a phone or FaceTime call.
  • You sound unclear to others during a phone or FaceTime call.
  • Siri says, "I didn't get that" or doesn't hear your request or hears only part of it.
  • When playing back recorded audio, the sound you hear is unclear, or you don’t hear sound. 
  • You're unable to change audio sources during a call.

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2019 7:46 PM in response to Gilayne

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working

If the sound is unclear during phone calls or FaceTime calls, or if Siri is unable to detect your voice, learn what to do.

With your iOS device, you might experience one of these issues when you make a call, use FaceTime or Siri, or play recorded audio:

• People can't hear you during a phone or FaceTime call.
  • You sound unclear to others during a phone or FaceTime call.
  • Siri says, "I didn't get that" or doesn't hear your request or hears only part of it.
  • When playing back recorded audio, the sound you hear is unclear, or you don’t hear sound. 
  • You're unable to change audio sources during a call.

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.