Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software update does not go through

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro with MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 and I would like to run the software update. Yet, the request times out every time I try to update the software, such as screenshoot below.

Do you know how I can update the software please ?

Thanks

Pierre

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 3:20 AM

When attempting to update software it is recommended to connect your Mac to your router via a cabled connection, and whilst downloading do not use your Mac for anything else. You can also download the update manually from here,

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2000?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US once downloaded double- click to install. I would recommend not having the Mac set to automatically download updates , so uncheck that option, click on the Advanced button and select for the Mac to check for updates, that way you can install them at your convenience so it does not interrupt your workflow.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2019 3:20 AM in response to PIerremo

When attempting to update software it is recommended to connect your Mac to your router via a cabled connection, and whilst downloading do not use your Mac for anything else. You can also download the update manually from here,

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2000?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US once downloaded double- click to install. I would recommend not having the Mac set to automatically download updates , so uncheck that option, click on the Advanced button and select for the Mac to check for updates, that way you can install them at your convenience so it does not interrupt your workflow.

software update does not go through

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.