Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handel family sharing without active Apple ID?

I set up family sharing, including restrictions on downloading apps and screen time restrictions for my son, last year. The family sharing was handled by me on an iPhone that later was reset and start up again with a new Apple id. And I totally fortfor that the family sharing was connected to that specific Apple ID! This means that I now do not have a device on which my old Apple ID (that was used when I started up the family sharing). How can I now handle the family sharing? I want to take away the restrictions on downloading apps and change the time for screen time for my son...

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 12:29 PM

Have you tried removing the restrictions by accessing Screen Time on his device? Or you can switch back to the old ID to make the changes. When that is done, if desired, disband the family, then set the family up again using your new ID.

Family Sharing - Leave

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support?

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2019 12:29 PM in response to LMLindstrom

Have you tried removing the restrictions by accessing Screen Time on his device? Or you can switch back to the old ID to make the changes. When that is done, if desired, disband the family, then set the family up again using your new ID.

Family Sharing - Leave

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support?

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Jul 9, 2019 1:38 PM in response to LMLindstrom

You are welcome. Use the article below as a guide of where to sign out/in. You may only need to sign out of iCloud and back in. You can then follow the same steps to return to the current ID. There may be some data loss. I would make a backup of your device before doing any switching.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

Backups – Choose Method

Back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Handel family sharing without active Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.