Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo visibility

Hi. I have over 300 pictures on my device. When I wanted to upload them to PC, I cannot see them in the iphone folder. And they have exclamation mark in the device and unclear. I thought I have to upgrade to bigger space on icloud so I did but didn´t help and I dont have newer pics on icloud. I hope I didnt lose my pictures. Could you please help?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 12:27 AM

Hello.

If the photos are blurred with an exclamation point, it means that they are stored in iCloud and not on a device.

Head to Settings > Photos, here you’ll see two options: “Optimize iPhone Storage” and “Download and Keep Originals”.

The first options allows you to save some space on your device because photos are stored in iCloud with previews on the phone. With this option on you have to download photos manually by tapping on it.

The second options also syncs your photos to iCloud but stores them in full res on your iPhone.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2019 12:27 AM in response to joil84

Hello.

If the photos are blurred with an exclamation point, it means that they are stored in iCloud and not on a device.

Head to Settings > Photos, here you’ll see two options: “Optimize iPhone Storage” and “Download and Keep Originals”.

The first options allows you to save some space on your device because photos are stored in iCloud with previews on the phone. With this option on you have to download photos manually by tapping on it.

The second options also syncs your photos to iCloud but stores them in full res on your iPhone.

photo visibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.