Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backups

Approximately how long does an icloud phone backup usually take ?

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 3:50 AM

That depends on how big the backup is, if it is a brand new or incremental backup and how fast the WiFi connection is that you are using. My iCloud backups take about two minutes or so to complete. I have been backing up my iOS devices for years with iCloud so my backups are now incremental.

The first time that my daughter backed up her iPhone with iCloud (approximately 8GB backup), it took over an hour. The first time that my wife backed up her iPhone it took about 10 minutes. It was about 750MB at the time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2019 3:50 AM in response to djms4

That depends on how big the backup is, if it is a brand new or incremental backup and how fast the WiFi connection is that you are using. My iCloud backups take about two minutes or so to complete. I have been backing up my iOS devices for years with iCloud so my backups are now incremental.

The first time that my daughter backed up her iPhone with iCloud (approximately 8GB backup), it took over an hour. The first time that my wife backed up her iPhone it took about 10 minutes. It was about 750MB at the time.

Backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.