Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 9.1 Image Hyperlinks not working when exporting to html

I have a keynote presentation where I have forward and back button as images in my slideshow, along with a home button. If I export out to HTML as 'Links Only' and open in browser it works fine, but if I add an audio narration to the presentation and still leave the presentation type as 'Links Only' and export to HTML, the links are now inactive, not allowing the viewer to skip sections. Even the popout slide navigation on the left does not allow skipping to a different slide when narration/voice recording is applied. HUGE BUMMER!!! :(

MY question is - If you add audio narration does the HTML exported keynote file no longer allow a user to click links/navigate to different slides as needed? Basically, it is a self-running presentation when audio is added and does not allow for interactivity?

If so this is a huge missing feature and I suggest that it would be great if added.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 3:43 AM

There are three ways a presentation will Play back:

• Manual, pressing a key or using the mouse to advance
  • Links only - using the hyperlinks to advance
  • Self playing - using the timing set for transitions and builds
  • Recorded Slideshow - using the timing set when recording

If a Narration is added using Record Slideshow, the settings of the Links Only presentation are changed as Keynote now expects the recorded Slide Show timings to play back the presentation. In other words you choose either a Links Only or a Recorded Slideshow, not a mixture of both.

If you want to keep the presentation as Links Only, you must create a separate sound file using Quick Time,

(Open QuickTime go to File > New Audio Recording)

Save the sound file then drag and drop the sound file into Sound Track in Keynote: Inspector > Document > Audio > Soundtrack

The exported HTML will now play audio correctly

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2019 3:43 AM in response to Craig Fletcher

There are three ways a presentation will Play back:

• Manual, pressing a key or using the mouse to advance
  • Links only - using the hyperlinks to advance
  • Self playing - using the timing set for transitions and builds
  • Recorded Slideshow - using the timing set when recording

If a Narration is added using Record Slideshow, the settings of the Links Only presentation are changed as Keynote now expects the recorded Slide Show timings to play back the presentation. In other words you choose either a Links Only or a Recorded Slideshow, not a mixture of both.

If you want to keep the presentation as Links Only, you must create a separate sound file using Quick Time,

(Open QuickTime go to File > New Audio Recording)

Save the sound file then drag and drop the sound file into Sound Track in Keynote: Inspector > Document > Audio > Soundtrack

The exported HTML will now play audio correctly

Keynote 9.1 Image Hyperlinks not working when exporting to html

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.