Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail can't receive mail.

Has anyone had this problem? How did you fix it?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 3:01 PM

Yup...had to reset the router and stuff. don't know how helpful this is for you, but Mac Mail has a built in connection doctor. I don't know how you're connecting to get your mail, Ethernet or Wifi, so can't help you a whole lot. I can tell you, though, that IMAP is the default mail protocol rather than good old POP. You'd have to check with your ISP (internet service provider) for their IMAP settings, including ports and authentication. I don't know who that is, either, so it's up to you. You could try sending yourself a test message, and doing the usual stuff, zap pram, reset the smc/pmu. If you are lucky enough, your ISP might have a webmail service, where you can recieve your mail from their website by typing in your username and password.

johnb

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2019 3:01 PM in response to MacMail2019

Yup...had to reset the router and stuff. don't know how helpful this is for you, but Mac Mail has a built in connection doctor. I don't know how you're connecting to get your mail, Ethernet or Wifi, so can't help you a whole lot. I can tell you, though, that IMAP is the default mail protocol rather than good old POP. You'd have to check with your ISP (internet service provider) for their IMAP settings, including ports and authentication. I don't know who that is, either, so it's up to you. You could try sending yourself a test message, and doing the usual stuff, zap pram, reset the smc/pmu. If you are lucky enough, your ISP might have a webmail service, where you can recieve your mail from their website by typing in your username and password.

johnb

Mac Mail can't receive mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.