Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

carplay range rover

I have a Range Rover Sport and set up Carplay this afternoon. It was set up so that Carplay didn't automatically pop up on the main screen of my car. But now when I receive a text message my car automatically switches to CarPlay. Any ideas how to stop that from happening?

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 5:57 PM

Turn off Notifications for Messages. Of course, you would have to turn them back on again when you leave the car. Unfortunately, when you have plugged the phone into the port for CarPlay, When something is received on the phone, it is going to pop up CarPlay for you to see it. It may be that you wish to disconnect the phone from the vehicle and not use CarPlay. You can also check with Range Rover and see if there is anything in their settings that can be changed. The vehicle manufacturer is the one that determines how CarPlay reacts on their vehicle.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2019 5:57 PM in response to cjc_2019

Turn off Notifications for Messages. Of course, you would have to turn them back on again when you leave the car. Unfortunately, when you have plugged the phone into the port for CarPlay, When something is received on the phone, it is going to pop up CarPlay for you to see it. It may be that you wish to disconnect the phone from the vehicle and not use CarPlay. You can also check with Range Rover and see if there is anything in their settings that can be changed. The vehicle manufacturer is the one that determines how CarPlay reacts on their vehicle.

carplay range rover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.