Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make a Lightning (male) to USB-C (female) adapter for iPad/iPhone for iOS/iPadOS 13.

Hello to the Apple community admins. This isn't a question, but a suggestion. I know this is an advanced thinking but I suggest to please make a Lightning (male) to USB-C (female) adapter for iPadOS. I know iPad Pro users will benefit to the new feature for external devices, flash drives and multi hubs once the iPad OS will release since it's USB-C, but I can't afford to buy that and I'm thinking to get either an iPad mini 5 or Air 3 instead. I'm planning to edit videos using iMovie or LumaFusion for my YouTube dream. I hope this post will see by the hardware team and hopefully it will work. Thank you and God bless.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 11:49 PM

8 replies

Jul 11, 2019 10:42 PM in response to ckuan

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I suggested that because since they've introduced iPadOS, they will now fully support mouse, USB keyboards, thumb drives and SD cards in the Files app this September. However, in order to use it, you'll need to buy separate dongles for specific uses. If you want to put USB keyboards and/or mouse, you'll need the lightning to USB-A adapter, while for SD cards, you'll buy a dongle for that. Also if you want to use an HDMI monitor, you'll buy a dongle for that. So to make it easier and productive at the same time, i suggest this adapter so that "hopefully" USB-C Multihubs (the all in one hub/port with HDMI, USB, SD and MicroSD card using a single USB-C port, photo below) will work on iPads that have lightning ports, not just on the new iPad Pro's with USB-C port. I hope you understand my post.

Jul 11, 2019 10:24 PM in response to ErikDPhillips

Hi. Thanks for the reply but it isn't the one I'm suggesting. That's an adapter that "hopefully" Apple will make and sell. They've already had a lightning to micro USB adapter, but this one is for my USB-C cables that i have and also and hopefully it will work to my uncle's USB-C Multihub (the ones with HDMI, USB port, SD and MicroSD card) that he had as a spare accessory to his MacBook that he seldom used because all of his files are on his SSD when the iPadOS will released this September.

Jul 11, 2019 10:51 PM in response to ErikDPhillips

*clarification on my reply. Sorry 😀*

Hi. Thanks for the reply but it isn't the one I'm suggesting. That's an adapter that "hopefully" Apple will make and sell. They've already had a lightning to micro USB adapter, but this one is for my USB-C cables that i have and also and hopefully it will work to my uncle's USB-C Multihub (the ones with HDMI, USB port, SD and MicroSD card) that he had as a spare accessory to his MacBook that he seldom used because all of his files are on his SSD. With this adapter (hopefully) when the iPadOS will release this September, i can use the multihub, so i can use a thumb drive, and the HDMI port on my monitor at the same time without buying separate dongles.

Make a Lightning (male) to USB-C (female) adapter for iPad/iPhone for iOS/iPadOS 13.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.