Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro running hot, battery draining fast

Suddenly my 2013 Macbook Pro is runnng hot and the battery is draining fast - does anyone have a suggestion how I can fix the problem?

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 1:29 PM

Good afternoon Mac en France,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having some issues with the battery and performance of your MacBook Pro. Since this has happened "suddenly," what has changed? Have you recently updated your operating system or added software or devices to your setup? While in your current workflow, check the Activity Monitor to see how the applications and devices you are using affect affect the RAM and CPU on your system.

If you are seeing adverse affects on performance, try closing the application, or removing the device, then restart your computer and check the Activity Monitor again to isolate a possible cause.

Activity Monitor User Guide

The resources below explain how to address the issues you are having with battery performance:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan - see the section "Tips for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro"

About Mac notebook batteries

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 1:29 PM in response to Mac en France

Good afternoon Mac en France,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having some issues with the battery and performance of your MacBook Pro. Since this has happened "suddenly," what has changed? Have you recently updated your operating system or added software or devices to your setup? While in your current workflow, check the Activity Monitor to see how the applications and devices you are using affect affect the RAM and CPU on your system.

If you are seeing adverse affects on performance, try closing the application, or removing the device, then restart your computer and check the Activity Monitor again to isolate a possible cause.

Activity Monitor User Guide

The resources below explain how to address the issues you are having with battery performance:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan - see the section "Tips for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro"

About Mac notebook batteries

Take care.

Macbook Pro running hot, battery draining fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.