Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating of apple books on iPad pro.

Once having purchased books from apple books, will these be automatically updated to the newest version?

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 4:28 PM

My older iPad had a a section on the bottom that said "Purchased" when I tapped on that it gave me the options of Updates , Books , Audiobooks . Tapping on "Updates" it showed which ones had updates available. I haven't found anything like that so far on my iPad Pro. It might be one of those functions that Apple did away with when they went to the 12.3.1 , like we use to have the ability to sort new offerings by "Release Date" instead just seeing Apples Best Sellers. Hoping I'm wrong and the "Updated" books are somewhere I haven't found yet.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 4:28 PM in response to mfilletti

My older iPad had a a section on the bottom that said "Purchased" when I tapped on that it gave me the options of Updates , Books , Audiobooks . Tapping on "Updates" it showed which ones had updates available. I haven't found anything like that so far on my iPad Pro. It might be one of those functions that Apple did away with when they went to the 12.3.1 , like we use to have the ability to sort new offerings by "Release Date" instead just seeing Apples Best Sellers. Hoping I'm wrong and the "Updated" books are somewhere I haven't found yet.

Updating of apple books on iPad pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.