Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch walkie talkie app not

My walkie talkie isn’t working on my watch. It keeps saying it can’t reach whoever I hit up

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 3:08 PM

10 replies

Jul 11, 2019 5:25 PM in response to Djmoco

NOTE: I was surprised when I read about Apple disabling Walkie Talkie this morning. Walkie Talkie is something my Wife and I use on a semi-regular basis.

As soon as I read about this, I sent mail to my Wife so she did not get frustrated trying to contact me via Walkie Talkie until Apple resolves the issue.

Part of me is wondering if this is in anyway related to the Safari redirection Zoom conferencing bug Apple just addressed. Not that Safari is involved, but that maybe some underlying technology was also being used by Walkie Talking in iOS or watchOS (which are derived from macOS). Or it is just a coincidence (which does happen some times).

Jul 12, 2019 5:48 AM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:
It is a different weakness involving FaceTime, there is no Safari technology at all on the Watch. Hope you get it back soon.

I was thinking deeper, such as an operating system core technology that might be used by multiple networking services.

It was an idle thought, and not something I really need to know the answer to. Besides a good conspiracy theory often comes from a random coincidence 😀

apple watch walkie talkie app not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.