Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular 32GB (MR6Y2LL/A) VS. iPad Wi-Fi 128GB (MR7K2LL/A)

Greetings and Salutations !!!

I am eligible for an anniversary gift from work and have narrowed it down to two choices:

iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular 32GB (MR6Y2LL/A)

or

iPad Wi-Fi 128GB (MR7K2LL/A)

I just want it for playing games and searching Google.

What is the basic difference between the two? If the Cellular 32GB option means you must subscribe (i.e. PAY) for additional service, then it becomes a no-brainer.

Which would you recommend?

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 5:44 PM

Yes, if you get a cellular iPad, you will have to pay for cellular service. If you have an iPhone, you can use your iPhone as a hotspot for situations where you may not have access to Wifi.

For me, the 128GB option would be the best option. 32GB is extremely low in memory these days and once owned, it's not possible to add memory to any iOS device. So, I would take the 128GB Wifi only iPad over the 32GB Wifi + Cellular iPad.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 5:44 PM in response to nymickey

Yes, if you get a cellular iPad, you will have to pay for cellular service. If you have an iPhone, you can use your iPhone as a hotspot for situations where you may not have access to Wifi.

For me, the 128GB option would be the best option. 32GB is extremely low in memory these days and once owned, it's not possible to add memory to any iOS device. So, I would take the 128GB Wifi only iPad over the 32GB Wifi + Cellular iPad.

Jul 11, 2019 5:46 PM in response to nymickey

Yes.

For the cellular model you need a cellular data plan through a cell phone service.

I would, personally, go for the larger storage Wifi iPad model.

You never really know what you will use an iPad for and having that extra storage is a good thing.

The 128 GBs storage iPad is a much better work anniversary gift, IMHO.

Best of Luck to You!

iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular 32GB (MR6Y2LL/A) VS. iPad Wi-Fi 128GB (MR7K2LL/A)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.