Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iphone 7 water resistant?

Hi. I have an iPhone 7 from a company that's called "Smarter powerful smartphones" and I was wondering if that still counts as my iPhone being water resistant?

Thank you very much, if you could get back to me ASAP, I would be very grateful, thank you.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 7:39 PM

If it’s an authentic iPhone 7, that hasn’t been tampered with by an unauthorized party, it’s water resistant (not waterproof).

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

8 replies

Jul 11, 2019 10:00 PM in response to Bailey_Fleischer

Bailey_Fleischer wrote:
Then how do I know if it's water resistant? Should I try it? I'm not just going 2 try it and have it break on me. This is my only iPhone that I've ever had. Also, I'm 12 years old so I don't know 2 much about Apple and their iPhones, so I'm really sorry 2 be bothering you with questions.

You have no practical means to know. Apple's contract manufacturers assemble the iPhone 7/7+ and later to an IP67 water resistance standard, but there are no guarantees of water resistance since this resistances is reduced with normal wear. Every time the seal comes into contact with moisture can reduce its effectiveness. Also - any service that Apple or an authorized service center provides where an iPhone is disassembled will mean reassembly with a new seal and a check on Apple's special equipment, which is mentioned in this article where the reporter was given special access to Apple's repair development lab in Silicon Valley. One of the photos shows the display adhesive on a backing sheet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-repair-exclusive/exclusive-apple-makes-iphone-screen-fixes-easier-as-states-mull-repair-laws-idUSKBN18Y0BF

They also make no guarantees about how long this resistance lasts. There are several moisture detection sensors inside, and on a device that Apple would otherwise service, if one of these show moisture had affected the sensors then they won't service it. They will offer an out of warranty replacement.

If you bought your phone from a company that opened the case as part of their refurbishing procedure, then Apple or their authorized service centers likely won't touch it. There's really no way of knowing how water resistant it is. I personally don't even trust my iPhone 7 to be water resistant, even though it's only been serviced at an Apple Store. It's really best to avoid getting it wet. I might use mine in the rain, but I wouldn't intentionally dunk it in water.

Is my iphone 7 water resistant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.