Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing

1. When importing files from cam. I can select a part of the clip with I or O. When importing (the same clip) from an map I can't select a portion of it. Is this normal?
  2. Why can I find in the fcpX-help the instructions how to import with "proxy"; importing 30 sec. clip with "proxy" checked results after an very long rendertime in a red "missing proxy". What is wrong?

Thanks!

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 3:55 AM

1. Yes.
  2. Youlll have to give more specific about what you’re doing and the media. What you’re describing is not normal behavior.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 13, 2019 10:56 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks, Tom, what I wrote is not clear enough I see... But my question was: were I good find the explanation of importing clips either or not in proxy. But I just found with the keyword "proxy". (is is not mentioned in the left colum of the help in fcpx) It takes a very long time to render it into proxy and than you do see nothing except in the control panel at the right side... (I expected a proxy- clip in the browser... So, to transfer into proxy takes a lot of time... Will a ssd improve this?

(btw; I activated "follow" but I did n't got a mail about your reply ...)

Jul 13, 2019 12:08 PM in response to Bruce27

An SSD will probably not make a big difference in the creation of proxies because this is mainly CPU-bound.

Regarding the following of a thread I believe you misunderstood it and effectively “unfollowed” it. When you start or reply to a thread you are “following” it by default and it will say “Following” or similar. If you click that you undo it.

Jul 13, 2019 1:46 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I was working with multicam (4 streams) and got so many remarkable problems over and over. Now, for the 4e time I made the (short) project again and it seems to be o.k. after (long) rendering one mp4 clip. (the other were .mov) May be the reason for not smooth running in timeline? (and a little bit better when no angels activated?) Till now it runs o.k.

importing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.