Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I quite often get texts that without the alert sound

Although my phone is not on silent, I quite often get texts that without the alert sound. Why does this happen and how can I rectify it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 11:41 AM

When you say "Quite Often" do you mean at times you get sound or alert but majority of the time you do not listen to it. This gives me an indication that Do Not Disturb is on

If you don't see notifications for a Messages

To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you still don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Notifications, select Messages, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
  2. If you have notifications turned on you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the messages, then select Banners.
  3. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID
  4. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off

To manage your notifications from the Lock screen or Notification Center:

1. Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
    • Tap Manage, then select from these options: Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don't show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.
    • Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

You can also tap Settings to change your alert styles or alert settings for a specific app. 

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201925

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2019 11:41 AM in response to Bernadette0410

When you say "Quite Often" do you mean at times you get sound or alert but majority of the time you do not listen to it. This gives me an indication that Do Not Disturb is on

If you don't see notifications for a Messages

To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you still don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Notifications, select Messages, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
  2. If you have notifications turned on you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the messages, then select Banners.
  3. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID
  4. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off

To manage your notifications from the Lock screen or Notification Center:

1. Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
    • Tap Manage, then select from these options: Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don't show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.
    • Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

You can also tap Settings to change your alert styles or alert settings for a specific app. 

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201925

I quite often get texts that without the alert sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.