Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do about a JSON error?

As far as I know my iPad is up to date: IOS v.12.3.1.

For the first time since I started using an app, it will not open and I see this message: “JSON could not be serialized because of error: The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format. Try Again.”

I restarted the iPad but it did not help. I cannot log out of the app because I cannot open it. Should I try to remove the app and then download it again or is there another approach I should try? Thank you.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 3:13 PM

Yes, often deleting an app solves problems, but try to force close it before you delete it.

If you have a home button on your iPad, double tap it to bring up the App Switcher. See the app and swipe it up to force it to close. Tap your home button again to return to your home page.

If you have the iPad Pro 11 or 12, without a home button, swipe the bar at bottom of your iPad screen halfway up the screen to bring up the app switcher and use the same method to close it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2019 3:13 PM in response to technology today

Yes, often deleting an app solves problems, but try to force close it before you delete it.

If you have a home button on your iPad, double tap it to bring up the App Switcher. See the app and swipe it up to force it to close. Tap your home button again to return to your home page.

If you have the iPad Pro 11 or 12, without a home button, swipe the bar at bottom of your iPad screen halfway up the screen to bring up the app switcher and use the same method to close it.

What can I do about a JSON error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.