Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing is Messed Up

I am not able to add my daughter to our Family Sharing, because when she clicks on the invitation, she gets a message saying that she is already a member of another family...even though she has never been added to another family.

Her iphone won't allow her to access Family Sharing to see what other family she might be a part of, because she is not 18 yet. How can we find out what other family iCloud thinks she is a member of?

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 4:24 PM

2 replies

Jul 16, 2019 10:12 PM in response to Eric Root

I wish it was that simple. I don't believe that you read the description I entered, perhaps because it all would not fit in one entry.

My daughter used to be listed in my Family, but her invitation had expired. I removed her, so I could re-add her. She received a new invitation, but when she clicked to accept, she received a message saying that she was already a member of another Family. We have no idea what Family she is already a member of. We can't find that information out, because she is still a minor. When we click on Family Sharing on her iphone, we see the message telling her that she cannot view or change Family Sharing on her iphone because she is not 18.

In other words, we are stuck. Basically, she can't join our family until she is 18, at which time she will be able to go into Family Sharing so she can see what other Family she is a part of, so she can ask them to remove her.

I really don't believe that this feature has been thought out very well. Is there not a feature in Family Sharing that would allow a parent to go into Family Sharing on our daughter's iphone, so we can set things up for her?

L. Jay Adams

385-200-4523

Family Sharing is Messed Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.