Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive taking up 2/3 of iPad storage

Let me start by saying, I am not an Apple guru.....but I cannot figure this out. I have 32GB iPad mini4. In my storage (settings-general-iPad storage) the bar at the to shows almost all storages devoted to iCloud Drive, putting me at 27GB used. No matter what I delete, this doesn’t change. Below, it shows that the “iCloud Drive” is at 53GB.

When I go into my iCloud, I am only using 1.7 GB.

WTF?? I cannot figure out where this out???

iPad mini 4, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 11:54 AM

Have you deleted any data from iCloud Drive within the last 30 days? Try going to iCloud.com/iCloud Drive using a computer browser and click on Recently Deleted at the bottom right. If there are files there you do not need, delete them. Then try iCloud.com/Settings and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Files. If there are files there you do not need, delete them.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2019 11:54 AM in response to Ylwtonkatruck

Have you deleted any data from iCloud Drive within the last 30 days? Try going to iCloud.com/iCloud Drive using a computer browser and click on Recently Deleted at the bottom right. If there are files there you do not need, delete them. Then try iCloud.com/Settings and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Files. If there are files there you do not need, delete them.

iCloud Drive taking up 2/3 of iPad storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.