Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem when connecting iPhone to MacBook Air

When I connect my iPhone X to my MacBook Air, it connects then disconnects and keeps repeating this, I can't connect it at all for backup or any other purposes, please advise.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 10:20 AM

3 replies

Jul 19, 2019 6:41 AM in response to MGapple007

I found a workaround ( didn't solve but you can charge like theres nothing wrong IF you do this every time that happens).

When it starts connecting and disconnecting you put the iPhone on Low Power Mode: ON and reduce the screen brightness all the way down tils its dark. You'll notice that it will stop doing the donnect/disconnect dance and just charge, slowly but still charge.

Worked for me for some time now. Usually original cables and wallplug doesn't need this workaround. Problem shows up for me when using not original cables or usb from pc, macs, other gadgets chargers and so on.

If it works for you, please let me know. I wanna spread the word cause I never found a workaround on the internet and wanna help those frustaded iPhone users.

At.

Problem when connecting iPhone to MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.