Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Account Was Locked — 3 Hrs Later & It No Longer Is

I went to log in to Discussions. It said this account is locked for security purposes.

I logged in 3 hours later and it’s unlocked?

Why was it unlocked, without my permission?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 8:45 PM

We would not have any idea how/why Apple does anything on this site. Apple has always been very close-lipped about any of their policies and would certainly not share any info about a user's account or privileges. FWIW, Apple can make their own rules since they own and run this site and do not need anyone's permission.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2019 8:45 PM in response to TheLittles

We would not have any idea how/why Apple does anything on this site. Apple has always been very close-lipped about any of their policies and would certainly not share any info about a user's account or privileges. FWIW, Apple can make their own rules since they own and run this site and do not need anyone's permission.

My Account Was Locked — 3 Hrs Later & It No Longer Is

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.