Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update iOS

I want to update my iPad iOS 10.3.3 to latest running version but I have never seen when I will go for software updates it's says u have latest version running which is 10.3.3 old version

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 8:00 AM

This means you have an iPad 4th generation and that device is as up to date as it can ever be. It will never be capable of running anything higher than its current iOS 10.3.3. If you need the newer iOS levels, you need a newer iPad.

2 replies

Jul 15, 2019 8:03 AM in response to jyoti116

If your pad has been stuck on iOS 10.3.3 for all of these past years, then you own an iPad 4th generation model.

A 4th gen iPad cannot upgrade beyond iOS 10.3.3.

Its internal hardware is too old, underpowered and completely incompatible with all current amd future versions of iOS.

Sorry.

If you want to run the latest iOS with the most current apps, then you will need to purchase a new iPad or a discounted and refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website.

Best of Luck to You!

Update iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.