Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enter VPN credentials every so seconds

I'm trying to set up a new iphone xs but i cannot do anything because it's constantly prompting me for a vpn password. I have tried with a password to my Nord VPN but it's rejected.

Advise please

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 12:28 AM

I managed through Settings > General > VPN to access the Nord VPN settings and delete the VPN profile. After that I started Nord VPN again and entered my VPN credentials and the VPN is up and running, as is my new iphone.

10 replies

Jul 15, 2019 12:49 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I don't have the phone connected to anything.

I'm doing the setup using a backup from another iphone and that iphone have a working Nord VPN. I enter the Nord credentials and the new phone stops and thinks ... and asks for the password to the VPN.

So there are two things wrong here; 1) it's not listening to what I'm entering and 2) it's a bad programmed loop as the [Cancel] option doesn't work. (Yes, I know I have entered the wrong password but given the number of times I have tried I think I should have gotten it right at least once)

Jul 15, 2019 1:06 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Well, I'm trying to do just that but I can't reset the phone (to start from scratch) because the blo*** VPN dialogue keeps popping up. It won't even give me time to enter my apple id password. And I don't have itunes installed on any computer.

Thanks for your support. I'm closing down now and will have a stiff drink before I go to bed. Let's see what apple support can do tomorrow.

Enter VPN credentials every so seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.