Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

Hi!! I want to know if I buy an Apple Watch from the apple store can I connect it not just pair it with my sprint phone??

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 3:03 PM

To make it very clear, you need to pair with the iPhone to setup and use the watch whether with or without cellular. The watch is essentially brain dead and non functional until it is paired and basic setup has been completed. After the basic setup you can activate the cellular functions, but you can’t activate cellular on an unpaired watch.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2019 3:03 PM in response to yaretzi144

To make it very clear, you need to pair with the iPhone to setup and use the watch whether with or without cellular. The watch is essentially brain dead and non functional until it is paired and basic setup has been completed. After the basic setup you can activate the cellular functions, but you can’t activate cellular on an unpaired watch.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.